Ir a la Página Principal
       

Teatro Principal




Fue construido en 1915 con el proyecto del arquitecto moracho Flaviano Rey de Viñas como iniciativa privada, por la asociación “Amigos de Mora” dada la relevancia que las artes escénicas tenían en la villa. Después de encontrarse en mal estado de conservación, el Ayuntamiento lo adquirió en 1985, lo rehabilitó y lo inauguró en 1994, recuperando su estructura original aunque perdiendo la decoración primitiva.


 


 

Main Theater.

 

The town of Mora had a great theatrical tradition, roots that are still alive. At the end of the 19th century, there were five theaters: El Pósito, Frontón Méndez - Nuñez, Peña, María Teresa, Mora or Tapia and finally the Main Theater.

 

Financing its construction the Friends of Mora Association. They formed a group of morachos and contributed the capital for the purchase of the house. Its construction was completed in 1924. The project was entrusted to the architect Flaviano Rey de Viñas, municipal architect of Toledo.

 

The building passed into private hands after suffering a fire. The theater combined its theatrical and cinematographic functions, parading through its stage the best "cantaores" of flamenco and Spanish copla, especially during the harvesting months of the olives.

 

Given the deterioration, the City Council bought the property and began its rehabilitation. It was reopened the year 1994 and, although it recovered its original structure, including the boxes, it lost the primitive decoration.


Ubicación: C Ancha, Nº 20



Cómo llegar      
Visítanos también en:
   
Contacte con nosotros en:
Oficina Turismora - Glorieta de Eusebio Mendez - 45400 Mora (Toledo)
+34 925 30 00 25 (Ext.170)
turismo@mora.es